I love adventure, people, and working on projects with artists making awesome stuff. Sometimes this involves taking photographs, shooting video, or recording movie sound. Sometimes it's just me making gear in the garage to support the other stuff. I am always ready for new challenges in great places with awesome people.

Friday, November 12, 2010

On The Scene

I rarely get to do production work close to home, so when I got a call to work two weeks on an EMS training video close to home I was excited. 'On The Scene' is a product designed to help EMT's and their managers make good decisions about dealing with issues that occur as a result of doing their job.

For me 'On The Scene' was an opportunity to try out Boom Recorder attached to my MOTU Traveler in an actual production environment. The setup worked awesome allowing me to easily monitor levels, make notes, and provide a mixed down scratch track to the two DSLR's shooting on this project.

It's always better to be working in the back of an ambulance as a film maker then riding as a patient. The challenges of diesel firetrucks, sirens, and landing helicopters always make for interesting production sound work.

No comments:

Post a Comment