I love adventure, people, and working on projects with artists making awesome stuff. Sometimes this involves taking photographs, shooting video, or recording movie sound. Sometimes it's just me making gear in the garage to support the other stuff. I am always ready for new challenges in great places with awesome people.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Mariachi Gringo

Even though Chicago is the closest big production city to me, I had not any work there until I got a call from my friend and 'Higher Ground' UPM James McKay about Mariachi Gringo. MG was a unique opportunity to work on a film that was shooting a week near Chicago and then moving down to Mexico for the remainder of the schedule.

Unfortunately I did not get to travel down to Mexico for the larger chunk of the film, but while near Chicago I got to work with some music video style playback scenes, a crowded dinner conversion, and some upper midwestern Illinois wind.

I got to meet a whole new group of Chicago based film makers who I hope I get the opportunity to work with again. I am excited to see the final project and follow how the work I did near Chicago connects with the stuff that was done in Mexico.

No comments:

Post a Comment