I love adventure, people, and working on projects with artists making awesome stuff. Sometimes this involves taking photographs, shooting video, or recording movie sound. Sometimes it's just me making gear in the garage to support the other stuff. I am always ready for new challenges in great places with awesome people.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Bubble Gum Baby

Friend, film school graduate, and former live sound man Sid McGregor gave me a call about DP'ing a music video he was getting ready to direct for bluegrass band The Chapmans. The idea was to merge a turn of the century theater with a contrasting white studio space.

I've worked with Sid and The Chapmans before so I knew it would be a good time. I used matching dolly and jib moves in the two spaces to tie the studio elements together with historic theater. In the end, I am very happy with how the two scenes connect back in forth with each other.
Because we shot this locally I got to work with several friends that I normally only get to see socially.

No comments:

Post a Comment