I love adventure, people, and working on projects with artists making awesome stuff. Sometimes this involves taking photographs, shooting video, or recording movie sound. Sometimes it's just me making gear in the garage to support the other stuff. I am always ready for new challenges in great places with awesome people.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Logan

Following my sound work on 'Winters Bone' I became eager to find another project doing sound. Eventually that opportunity arrived in the way of a post on the stlmediawire looking for a sound mixer on a film shooting mostly in suburban St Louis.

Having lived in Missouri much of my life, I had actually spend very little time in St Louis prior to working on 'Logan'. While working on the film I stayed in the middle of downtown and made the reverse commute south to neighboring Jefferson county.

Because it was a small film with mostly child actors there was plenty of goofing around when we were not shooting, but both Leo Howard and Booboo Stewart were extremely focused when it came time to shoot.

During some down time during longer setups I also got the chance to shoot some production stills including one which was being used as the poster before the film got distributed.

No comments:

Post a Comment