I love adventure, people, and working on projects with artists making awesome stuff. Sometimes this involves taking photographs, shooting video, or recording movie sound. Sometimes it's just me making gear in the garage to support the other stuff. I am always ready for new challenges in great places with awesome people.

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Winter's Bone - One Day of Sound

If you need a production sound mixer then hire James Demer. If James is not available, you can call me.

I sought out James on the set of 'Winters Bone' before I even knew who he was. When I arrived on the first day of production with a home made camera blimp, I was generally terrified that if my camera's shutter sound caused even the slightest bit of disruption, my time on the film would be very shot. I knew the blimp was quiet, but without an industry standard (and very expensive) Jacobson Sound Blimp to compare mine too, I did not know if it was quiet enough. The very first person I found when I had a chance to start shooting stills was the boom operator and I auditioned the camera shutter for his microphone, it was James who gave me the ok that my blimp was going to be quiet enough to use.

It was from that initial contact that James and I became friends and really the beginning of my professional career in production sound. Later on in the schedule, with great assistance from James, I got the opportunity to recored some second unit sound for the film which ended up becoming the opening sequence of the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment