I love adventure, people, and working on projects with artists making awesome stuff. Sometimes this involves taking photographs, shooting video, or recording movie sound. Sometimes it's just me making gear in the garage to support the other stuff. I am always ready for new challenges in great places with awesome people.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Higher Ground

During the end of production of 'On The Ice' in Barrow, Alaska James Demer, the sound mixer I had been working for got a call about working on a film in upstate New York. 'Higher Ground' also meant much warmer ground in Kerhonkson, NY and I was honored to be asked to boom again for James.

On this trip I decided to drive the 20 hours from Missouri to New York and ended up arriving at my new home The Yurt at about 2 or 3 in the morning. I was to share the place with James who was sleeping when I arrived, so when I got to the Yurt I crawled up into the loft and and went to sleep.

After seeing the Yurt in the daylight I was getting a little worried that the unique space might be a little tough for three people to share so James and I headed over to the production office to talk about our housing options. After a brief meeting, we decided that James and I would stay at the Yurt and the third person production was planning on housing there would be moved elsewhere. This was the beginning of the "Sound Yurt" which ended up being one of the truly awesome memories of 'Higher Ground'.

During the film we recorded some awesome live music, did some music video style playback recording, and plenty of regular production audio. We also did some pond swimming, made a giant slip'n'slide, sat by the fire pit at the Yurt, and spent a few nights with Danielle and the crew at Hot Shotz.

I hope I stay in touch with all my friend's from this film for a long time.




No comments:

Post a Comment